Thursday, October 20, 2011

Creative Gifts

                                       In 1995, plaintiff obtained a federal registration for the mark LEVITRON & Design for antigravity tops. Shortly thereafter, plaintiff and defendant entered into a business relationship under which defendant purchased and sold LEVITRON antigravity tops. In October 1996, the parties reached an oral agreement for defendant to register the domain name "levitron.com" to operate a website to sell LEVITRON tops. After negotiations broke down over formalizing a trademark license for defendant to use the LEVITRON mark in the “levitron.com” domain name, plaintiff withdrew defendant’s permission to use the mark in the domain name and then filed this lawsuit.
                                       Having spent my entire Thanksgiving weekend organizing and de-cluttering my living space, I am a bit afraid of acquiring any more stuff. I mean, I love receiving and opening presents, it makes me feel special… but soon it becomes just another thing that I take for granted, while adding to the clutter at home. As the saying goes, “The stuff we own ends up owning us”. Very true!


Creative Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment